Sunday, August 16, 2009

Almost a week down

So the house is great. I like it almost more than my house Vegas house. Alexa has been sleeping in her own bed since we got here. I do have to say we do live in the country. There are horses and cows near by. The drive into Reno is about 15 miles or so. We are almost unpacked.. I have to say unpacking is the worst part of moving! There is a Smiths that is like maybe 5 minutes away and I think Mc.donalds is like maybe 7 minutes away not to far but far enough to not go every week. I think we will be cooking and eating in MUCH MUCH more. Josh starts work tomorrow he is excited he says its like the 1st day of school. Speaking of school Alexa starts on the 31st. They have year round school and she has already missed the 1st 4 weeks. She will have to test into 1st grade next year. I don't know how I feel about year round school. She pretty much goes to school from Aug 31 until Thanksgiving break then is out until January 2. So its been really nice change of pace and I have to say feeling the temp dip into the low 60's at night is crazy but good too. I don't miss vegas...I do miss having things really close but I will take the beauty of Lake Tahoe over the closeness of things in Vegas...

1 comment:

  1. I so glad things are going well. I'm loving all the pics. I hear ya on year round school, its freaking the you know what out of me. And stop bragging about all your trees, farm animals and cool weather. Geez rubbing it in. :)

    ReplyDelete