Thursday, December 10, 2009

Big SNOW!






So its been some time since I lasted posted. We have been busy busy busy. Alexa is out of school for track break and it has been nice to have her home with me. She was given homework to do over the break so we have been doing "homeschool". For Thanksgiving Josh's sister came up with her kids to spend the holiday with us. We had a great great time. It was so nice to have girl time! Saturday the 5th my Grandma came up to spend Christmas with us. Alexa had no idea and was so surprised! They have been attached at the hip.
On Sunday the 6th we all went to cut down our very first Christmas tree!! we have never done this and it was an adventure! The weather called for snow and boy did we get it! We had a blast cutting down the tree and even though its not the best tree it is our tree and we LOVE it.
The snow started while we were up in the mountains.. I fell twice and Alexa got hit in the eye by a tree branch. I won't say who did it but he was pulling the sled and his name starts with Josh!
That night it snowed and snowed and snowed.. and it snowed all day on Monday... I don't know the official amount we got but I think it was around 10 inches. It was soooo pretty and amazing to see that much snow. I have NEVER in my life seen that much snow EVER! We had to go to the grocery store and it was the longest longest trip ever. Josh had to buy chains for my Honda because to get into town all the snow tire and chains required lights were on. It was really funny to see Josh try to push a shopping cart in a parking lot full of snow! Good thing a smiths worker helped him out.. I was to busy taking pictures of him to help..haha ok I was going to help when that guy came buy to help.
I even got a lesson in driving in the snow.. I have never had to drive in any kind of snow and I guess it would appear I need to start learning.
Well that is about all to report.. check out the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment