Hello Everyone... last Friday was a crazy day for weather. It started out calm.. then it got windy and by windy I mean I think I saw a cow fly by me as I drove to pick Alexa up at school. It was windy let me tell you.. we live my a dry lake bed and when it gets windy well the dust kicks up and you can't see 5 feet in front of you. The wind speed was to get up to 65 miles an hour... and in some places 125! What the hell is that all about...
So after getting home doing the usual mom stuff w/ my daughter.. I looked outside and what do you know.. the wind died and was replaced with snow!! ohhh how I love snow... it started out slow and then it got heavier and heavier.. the snow flakes were so big and beautiful. I have not seen snow like this in a very long long time. Alexa was beside herself with joy for the snow to finally be falling. We sat at the window and watched it fall. I let her walk outside for a few min and try to catch a snowflake on her tongue. When is the last time you took a few min when it snowed to do that... such a childish thing to do.. but the look on her sweet face wast that of pure joy. I had to join her in the snow catching.. it was fun and brought joy to her face to see me do it.
When Josh got home Alexa ran up to him to make sure he saw the snow and to let him know that she wanted to go sledding. Our back yard is the perfect place to do that. There is a hill in our backyard and it was full of snow. We got our snow gear on and headed out to sled down Lappin Hill. We had a blast. We all went down the hill laughing and screaming all the way down. The last run of the day was Alexa and I. We had a fun run and ended up running into a bush! Alexa went in face first and thought it was the funniest thing ever.
Josh and Alexa made a snowman which was the first one Alexa had ever made...
Thanksgiving is a few days away. We have a few family members coming up from Vegas.. I hope they packed their long johns!
Jennifer- WOW!!! I bet Alexa is having a blast, that is something she will never forget!
ReplyDeleteVery cute photo of her and her dad. Happy
Thanksgiving to you all.
Dcnna